Monday, May 27, 2024

Lacy Doily Edging

 
I'm a little slow posting lately, it's been quite the year so far as some of you may know, but the Spring/Summer 2024 Helping Hands Newsletter came out a few months ago and I am so happy to share the crochet doily edging I made for it.  

Handy Hands or hhtatting.com, sells these beautiful hanky centers.  They have spaced holes around the edges ready to work into.  So it makes it very easy to put edgings on the fabric doily center. 


They even come in some pastel colors or with a little embroidery added onto them in the same color as the center.  You can see that a little bit in the picture below.  
 

It's kind of an old timey thing to make a hanky but they can also be used as a doily or even framed.  There are many uses for hanky's these days.  

This one I got the idea for out of an old Workbasket magazine.  They used pansies but I used my own edging and flower which is the same edging used in this hanky and the flowers are from the Pretty Posey Doily Edging from the Winter 2023 newsletter.  I trimmed and hemmed the one corner and pressed it into position then stitched the flowers on. 
These are all worked in Lizbeth size 40 threads. So many beautiful colors to choose from for this pattern!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment