Thursday, February 18, 2021

Crochet World April 2021 Pansy Basket

I'm happy to share the second pattern that is in the Crochet World April 2021 issue with you.  It's for a little crochet basket withi pansies and leaves in it.  As they suggested in the issue it would make a great favor for a bridal shower or a birthday party or just a sweet little gift for a friend.  You could fill it with mints or small candies, too and it's perfect for spring!!  I had originally came up with the pattern for a special class at the 2019 Maryland State Fair for flowers.  It took second place in the class!!  The basket is worked in size 10 thread and stiffened.  The flowers are worked in size 40 thread.  



The first one I made I tried the basket using several colors but I thought that looked like too much after adding the flowers so I went with the plain white for the second one and also shortened the handle.  It would be easy to make the handle longer if you would like, tho by adding more chains to the starting chain.  


I do like it in the green color that the editor chose for the magazine tho.  It makes it pop a little more.  It is very easy to stiffen this little basket so if  you haven't made a stiffened project this would be an easy one to try it out on.  



I hope you will give this little basket a try!!  The flowers and leaves would be great worked in larger thread and put into a bigger container, too!!  Lots of possibilities here!!

Enjoy!!  

 

2 comments:

  1. Joyce this is lovely, you are an inspiration as I am always trying to "design" something, I've got something on the hook now, and I've submitted it...it's a fun journey doing hand yoga with the hook n yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your design gets published!!! Let me know how it goes. I don’t always see these comments right away sorry to be so slow.....

    ReplyDelete