Sunday, August 15, 2021

Swirling Iciciles Ornament







The inspriation for this ornament came about from a bracelet pattern that was published in the February 2021 issue of Crochet World magazine.  A few months ago the new editor said the previous editor had suggested making it into a Christmas ornament!!  We came up with the blue and white colors for the issue and I found some neat glass beads at the craft store which they had suggested adding for some sparkle!!  


I had some gold and silver crochet threads that had metallic in them so I tried some using those, too.   I found you can't go wrong with whatever color you decide to go with!!  


I made the granddaughters some bracelets in their favorite colors for Christmas gifts as well!!  As with the ornament the color combinations are endless and they are so much fun to make!!  


I made a couple longer ones as necklaces, too and adde a fringe to one of the bracelets for some fun.  




As you can see the photographers at Crochet World take the best photos!!  They make all my designs look so professional!!  

The ornament pattern is available in the new Christmas issue available at Annie's.com or will soon be out at your local craft store.  I hope you will give them a try!!  Either way you make them they will make a great gift, too!!  They are very easy to change the length on so you can make them to your liking.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment