Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.....


I don't have a lot of fall crochet items that I have made but here are a few that I have done over the years.


The very first issue of Crochet World I ever bought was because this doily on the cover caught my eye in the grocery store.  It had little google eyes on the pumpkins but I left them off because I wanted it to be for fall instead of just Halloween.  It was in the October 2000 issue and is a design of Agnes Russell called Pumpkin Patch Doily.  This one I worked in a size 10 thread with a size 8 hook and it measures 21" across.  I really like how doilies look draped over a basket and display many of them that way. 
 
This is the same doily only it is worked in size 80 thread with a size 14 hook so it only measure 12" across.  It is actually made from tatting thread and the pumpkins are a shaded orange color. 

This Lacy Hat is starched stiff to be a wall hanging or door decoration and is from the book 101 Fun to Crochet Projects. It is a design of Mary Viers.  This one is worked in ecru with shaded gold thread pansies and a green ribbon woven around and into a bow. 

 This is one of my original designs that was in the October 2010 issue of Crochet World.  It is worked in size 30 thread and a size 10 hook. 



The sunflower edging on this linen center doily is also an original design.  It is worked in Lizbeth size 40 crochet thread.

I made this sunflower afghan many many years ago and I remember the pattern was from a magazine but I can't seem to find it now to give credit to the designer.  Looking back I guess I have done more fall crochet than I thought !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment