Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday USA !!!




There's lots of Red, White and Blue around here that's not crochet but there is plenty of Red, White and Blue crochet, too !!


There is this centerpiece.....



.....and also this one.  This runner was worked using 2 colors at the same time.  Size 30 threads, blue and ecru together, 2 strands of ecru, and burgundy and ecru together.  My original thought for this one in the top picture the stars didn't quite show out so I made another one and when I came to the stars, except for the ecru section, I just carried the ecru along to only use one color to make them stand out.  This one was worked across the long end. The inspiration for this runner came to me one day driving down the road in Virginia hauling fertilizer. Lots of people have the name of their place out along the road and the star on one of the signs caught my attention every time I went by.  So while sitting in the truck waiting for the loads to be sprayed off I made up the pattern on graph paper then crocheted it in the truck also.  I think this one was entirely worked sitting in a truck !!  Inspiration comes from anywhere at all !! 


This is the same pattern really just worked across the short end and in one strand of size 10 white thread.  Working across the short ends makes the stars a little taller instead of as wide as on the other one.  Also this one the center section is worked in sold double crochets instead of open mesh like the other one and the stars in the center section are the open mesh.  Both very easy to do. This pattern is one that will  be in my book that is coming out.   


These pretty little coasters were given to me after my first pattern was published in Crochet World.  Vera Kopp mailed them to me with a very nice letter saying that she was working on finishing up her 500th set of these.  The package she sent me said mine were number 496 !!!! That's a lot of little coasters !!!  I use them like little doilies with my 4th of July decorations.  They are so pretty !!!  She did a great job on them.  Very pretty pattern. 



I love this doily from my favorite holiday pattern book, Holiday Doilies by Emma L Willey.  This one was worked in size 10 thread with a size 6 hook and measures 17 1/2".  Very easy doily to make and very pretty.  Thanks for the great pictures of this one Barb :) 

Happy 4th everyone !!  Keep cool !!


No comments:

Post a Comment