Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pulse Purse

Last year I made my first ever purse.  I've always wanted to crochet a purse I just didn't know how to go about doing it.  It all looked so complicated to me.  Barb gave me the DVD for Christmas 2 years ago "Mosaic Crochet" with Lily Chin.  Loved the patterns this technique created and just had to try it for myself !! 
 
I thought I'd make a large potholder.  This is side one....

 
This is side two.  Loved the technique and while working on it thought why can't I make this into a larger rectangle, seam it down the sides, square off the bottom and add handles and a lining!!
 

 
So I did and this is my first ever purse !!! It is worked it in Navy, Forest Green and Natural size 10 Aunt Lydia's crochet thread.

 
 
It even took first place at The Great Frederick Fair !!
So I submitted the design to Interweave Crochet magazine and was very surprised when they contacted me interested in buying the pattern.  Marcy Smith chose the colors they had in mind for the Winter 2014 issue and sent them to me.

 
They are Burgundy, Peacock and Silver


So I got busy on it and in every spare moment I had was working on it to meet the deadline.
 
 
About 3 weeks later here is the finished product !!
Love how the colors look together. 
 
(Photo by Harper Point)
 
And here is the purse as it was shown in Interweave Crochet Winter 2014 issue which just came out this week. 
 
A special thank you to Marcy Smith, Lindsey Jarvis, Sonja Rosenberger, Allison Mackin, Sarah Read, Connie Goldstein and the many others who were so easy to work with and so helpful.  I'm hoping we can work together in the future. 
 
This pattern is also featured as a Crochet-Along at the following link.
Also the magazine can be purchased at local craft stores or by going to:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment