Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shutter Frames

I finally got around to a wood working project I wanted to make for over a year now.
They are "shutter" picture frames I made out of bead board.

I was looking  for shutters to hang on each side of a large shelf but couldn't find any that were only 30" long.  Then it occurred to me I had all this extra bead board left from a project from a few years ago and I could make them out of that.  Then I was thinking about how to decorate the shutters and thought about hanging pictures on them.  I ended up cutting out the picture area and then hot gluing acrylic frames on the back to hold the pictures.  It worked out really well to do that and I only have the price of the frames in the project. I painted them before gluing in the frames and ran a sander over the paint to "age" it some. I am pretty please with how they turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment