Thursday, August 18, 2016

Virginia Beach

Recently I had my first vacation to the beach.  I'd been to the ocean before but not to actually stay a while and put my toes in the water!!  It sure was fun and I'm ready to do it again!! 
 
 
We had to go thru this long tunnel under the water to get to our destination.

 
 
 
This was where we stayed on the first floor.


We took a boat ride to see some dolphins and there were a few.
 
The boat went up as far as the Cape Henry lighthouses

 
Tried to get dolphin pictures but they were too fast!!

 
Lots of big ships passing by, too.


 
The view from our room.


 
This is the boat we rode on earlier in the day.



That evening there were fireworks.
 





 
Woke up early so I had to get some pictures of the sunrise!!



 
This guy has a tough job......!!




 
Later off the pier there were dolphins swimming around I finally got pictures of. 




 
 
We checked out the Aquarium and the cute sea lions out front. 


 
 
There was this glass tunnel you could walk thru the fish.  Very neat!!




 
Last but not least we went to see the lighthouses up close. 
 
 
A short but very enjoyable little get away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment