Sunday, April 12, 2020

Waterlily Doily


When I saw the sneak peek of the June 2020 Crochet World I had to do a triple take!!  I couldn't believe it when I saw my doily on the front cover!!!  


It is the Waterlily doily.  I had originally made it in Aunt Lydia's size 10 Wood Violet, Frosty Green and Cream but they chose Lizbeth Snow White, Sky Blue  Lt and Green Orchid Dk.  I loved how it looked so much in the colors they chose and I had leftover thread from the project so I made one for myself.  


I entered it in all the fairs last fall and at the state fair it took 3rd, Frederick Fair it took 2nd and Middletown Community show it got 1st!!  It seemed to get better at every show!!  It was funny, at the community show I heard the one judge say "it's pretty but it must have been made to match the colors in a room".  I had never thought about that before.  Occasionally I'll make things to match a room but mostly I just make them in the colors that seem to pop out to me that it would look good in....

I hope you will get a copy of Crochet World and try this doily for yourself.  It is quick and fun to make...except for weaving in all the loose ends but it's worth the extra time :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment