Saturday, February 1, 2014

Frosty Friend

During Christmas I saw a snowman made of fabric which popped a new design in my head and here is the beginning of that idea...
The body was made using Styrofoam balls as the forms.  The body was worked in 2 halves then they were stiffened with fabric stiffener and glued together with fabric glue.  Same for the head.
The fabric one I had seen had these snowballs over it's head so I wanted mine to have them, too....
 
I also added a pipe and arms.  Not loving this look with a crocheted snowman....didn't turn out like the fabric one I saw.  The crocheted balls were just a bit too heavy for this project I think.  So I'm thinking of taking the snowballs off and making them into ornaments. 
 
 
I just love the more primitive looking things so I had to try one in Ecru.  I really like it in this color, too.  Then another idea popped in to my head so I had to try that, too....
 
 
On this one I turned the balls on their sides when I formed them so the seam is around the side instead of the middle.  That makes the design of the shells in the pattern stand out more but I didn't stop there....
 
I just had to add lights to it !!  There is a little hole in the back that the tiny battery lights are inserted threw then I used a wire bent on the end to pull them up threw the "neck" and into the head and hat !!  Now this design seems complete to me !!  It didn't need all that other stuff.  Haven't been able to pick a favorite color for the scarf and hat band or the body for that matter but I do love this pattern!!  It's a keeper :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment