Thursday, June 9, 2016

Fabric Purses

 
I've made a few crochet purses and a couple of fabric ones with quilted fabrics. I got to thinking the other week about a technique we did in high school sewing strips of fabric onto quilt batting and backing and thought it would make a neat purse. Then I remembered a vest I had made several years ago that never fit quite right but I loved the colors. So I decided to make the vest into a purse.  I thought this can't take long I'll whip one up in an hour or so.... ha!!!  Ended up taking the better part of a day!!  Seemed like every stitch I put into it I ended up ripping out.  Finally about 6 hours later I had it finished!!
 
I love how it turned out I just can't get the picture to turn!!  Oh well....
So I thought I'd make myself a John Deere fabric purse using the same technique with less strips. I set aside the whole day because I know how things go.....



 
Well, this one I had together in about 2 1/2 hours!! 
 
 
I guess it just goes to show you that if you think you are going to do something quick it's going to take longer than you think and if you think something is going to take forever it falls right into place!!  Some days are just better than others :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment