Sunday, July 24, 2016

CGOA Design Contest

I was totally blown away when I saw the results of the CGOA Design Competition online the other day.  They chose my Sunday Best Purse for first place in the Accessories category!!  Then on down further in the list I saw it also won for Technical Merit. WEBS and Mary Maxim sponsored the awards for those categories so a BIG THANK YOU to both of those companies!!! and also to the judges and the CGOA.  I'm so honored you chose my purse!! When I was making it I was working on it a little at a time when I had a chance then one afternoon that was free I sat down with it and crocheted for about 6 hours. It is worked in Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread in Antique White, Olive and Wood Violet with a size 7 steel crochet hook and the pattern is in Mosaic crochet using "I" stitches and single crochets.  I laid the purse down to measure it at the end of the day to see how much more I needed to add to the body of it only to discover I had made a mistake on the very first row that I started that day..... needless to say I wanted to cry.... but I jumped in the Frog Pond and rippppped it all out.... Since in Mosaic Crochet every other row is single crochet I had worked two rows with the "I" stitches back to back and it was very noticeable after I stood back and looked at it but I love how it turned out and all is well that ends well :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment