Sunday, September 23, 2018

Altering jean pockets


 When I buy jeans they usually last me 3 years or so.  It's very frustrating when I go to get new ones and they don't make the same style anymore or have changed them some.  This was the case.... 



I got these jeans and can you believe that this was all the deeper the pockets were !!!!  My phone barely fit in and when I'd squat down it would pop out and fall on the floor!!  Even my Chapstick and Leatherman scissor tool in the other pocket fall out all the time!!  I have been watching this show on PBS called "It's Sew Easy"  They are always showing neat tricks for altering clothes so I thought why not add on to the pocket..




So that's what I did!!  I cut a piece of fabric out of my stash wide as the pocket and twice as long as I wanted the pocket to be deep. 


  I cut across the bottom of the pocket and opened the side seams just a little bit. Then I sewed one edge of the new fabric piece across the one bottom cut edge then folded it and repeated it on the other cut edge of the bottom of the pocket.  





Then I sewed both side seams up to where the original seam started.  Voila!!!  Works great!!!  They never reduce the price of the jeans but they sure cut corners!!!  Hope these last me 3 years too!! I also added a couple darts in the back to pull in the waist a little bit.  Had to wear a belt with these and I hate wearing belts!!!  Maybe this little bit of info will help you if  you run into this problem.  It was really very easy to do :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment