Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Crochet Guild of America Design Competition


Hi Guys.....it's been quite a while since I've posted on my blog I'd kind of forgot about it until a friend reminded me of it... Facebook just kind of took over how I did things but I also like the blog format as well.  So back in July the Crochet Guild of America had their annual convention so I send it two designs.  My pillow did awesome!!!  



I also sent in the sweater on the bottom right.  It is made of Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread with the colors Purple, Frosty Green and Wood Violet used in the motifs.  It didn't win anything but I thought they had it nicely displayed at the convention.  Seeing the designs also in the picture I knew mine didn't stand a chance!!!  They were gorgeous!!!

Just want to say a big Thank You to Leisure Arts who sponsored the category my pillow won in.  Already thinking about next years entries !!! :)  

2 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talking about girl! Nice job on your submissions..oh I would love to design something, but have limited imagination doing so. I joined them a few years back but didn't stay involved with the group, maybe I will join again. It would be fun to go to a convention if it were close to my home. Tell us more about how you design and submit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to attend a convention as well but they are never close to me either. I just have pattern ideas pop into my head and as I make them I write the instructions down. Then I type up the instructions and make another piece to check the instructions. As for submitting to magazines they have submission calls every few months and they have instructions and guidelines for submitting to them. Each one is a little different. The design competition you just submitt a finished original design. You don’t have to send in a pattern to enter. I enjoy the competitions for the feedback from the judges. It helps me to know what I need to improve on. You might want to give it a try. It’s not that hard!!! I was always one to think I had to follow a pattern. I’ve since learned it’s not necessary!!!

    ReplyDelete