Sunday, August 11, 2019

CGOA Design Competition

The Crochet Guild of America had their 25th anniversary convention in July.  As I  have for the past several years I sent in a few items for the design competition.  I made this 16" pillow out of motifs ( it's the same on both sides) and found a coordinating fabric to cover the pillow so the color showing thru would match the colors in the pillow.  


I was very shocked to see the video of the winners and see my pillow took first place in the Home Decor and Afghan section of the competition!!!  
I really like how this pillow turned out and love the Aunt  Lydia's size 10 crochet thread colors of Olive, Wood Violet and Antique white together.  

 I also entered this purse worked in the star stitch pattern. 
It didn't win a prize but after seeing the winners in the Accessories category I'm not surprised!!! Such amazing talent in the competition
!!!

I had made another project using these 20 hole buttons and thought they might be a unique way to attach the straps to the bag instead of crocheting the straps on or using a ring. I love these buttons they add so much to a project!!  They are from Katrinkles.com.  Check out their website they have so many neat things!!  





This was worked in Knit Picks size 10 crochet thread. I had some of this fabric on hand and loved how it looked with the Wedgewood blue of the bag so I used that for the lining.  So fun how the decoration of the buttons looks completely different on the opposite side, too!!  


It was time consuming making all those star stitches and I'd never done anything in that stitch before.  It was hard to count rows and stitches in rows but I ended up just measuring it to make sure it was the right size.  Pretty happy with this both of these projects!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment