Sunday, November 10, 2019

Playing with gourds....

I had a little time this week between loads of corn to work with a couple of gourds in my clean gourd stash.  I had seen these really neat ones on a Facebook page I follow where they hollowed them out and put little scenes in them, some of them quite tiny for ornaments!!  I had a couple that weren't quite right to make snowmen out of so I though I'd give this a try.  They were pretty easy to cut and clean out.  I painted the inside navy blue to give it a night time affect.  I am surprised I didn't get paint all over the outside in the process but I lined the cut edges with painters tape and was very careful......


The outside I just used two coats of clear gloss poly on to give them a little shine.  I didn't really want the outside to be painted. (unless there happened to be a slip of the paint brush... whew!!!  .)


I cut out this little snowman and tree which are about 2" tall and painted and distressed them a bit



Then I added a little fiberfill and a battery light string with 10 tiny lights on it. I just wound them around my hand to make a circle and placed them around the two figures.

I'm so happy with how they turned out!!  The other one I am waiting on a light string for and the way it's shaped I couldn't cut out the star section at the top, but it turned out just as well as this one did!!  Usually when I make something experimenting like this I end up doing it over and over..... can't believe these worked on the first try and no extra paint where I didn't want it!!  

Can't wait to start Christmas decorating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment