Friday, November 1, 2019

Turkey Time


This year is flying by and it's time to get out the Thanksgiving decorations!!  A few years back I made this little turkey sculpture


The body is a 4" ball and you wouldn't believe it but the head/neck is actually shaped around a plastic spoon!!  


The wings and the feathers are stiffened against a 4" ball, too to give them shape.  




I added him to the set of candy corn and pumpkins I had out for October.


They are a free pattern download I have on Ravelry but the turkey is a paid pattern on Ravelry and Etsy.  

The large doily they are sitting on is a pattern from Crochet World I think October 2001 if I remember right without looking it up.  I saw the magazine in the grocery store of all places and that pattern was on the front.  It was the first I had heard of Crochet World.  I'm so glad I started subscribing way back then!!  They have been very good to me over the years !!!


If you want to check them out for more detail go to 





No comments:

Post a Comment