Sunday, November 10, 2019

Wood Slices


Back last June we had a wind storm that broke off a few limbs of one of the Maple trees.  They had such nice smooth bark on them I cut up a few of them and stuck them in the wood shed for another day....

I've been seeing some neat ornaments lately on Facebook made out of little slices of wood so I thought I'd give my own version a try.  The tiny slides for the ornaments seemed to need a sturdy base instead of just gluing them together so I added some bead board circles to glue them to and also added the tree and snowman.  Very easy to do, no need to paint very much at all!!  I like the wood natural like this.  


I had one limb that was a bit larger so I cut those slices and made them into a wreath.  I used a stencil to spell out Welcome instead of my sloppy handwriting.....


I went thru my craft supply stash and found these bells from a wedding reception we went to and also some pretty ribbon.  I'm pretty happy with this project, too!!  It was very easy to just wood glue the slices together.  When Rick saw it before I had it decorated he asked if it was going to be a hot dish holder...... hummmmmmm wonder how that would work.......The ideas just keep coming!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment