Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day

This pattern was out of a book called Holiday Doilies.  The designs are by Emma L. Willey.  I don't know how many of them I've made over the years and it was very easy to do except the next to the last round I think it is, it's been a while, every one I made the number of chain spaces always came out wrong.  I contacted House of White Birches that published the book and asked if there was a mistake in the pattern but they said it was fine.  I can't think that I read the instructions wrong every time I made this doily but I guess I did !!  Using size 10 thread and a size 5 steel hook it turned out to be a 22" doily.  Using a size 30 thread and a size 12 steel hook it turned out to be 13 1/2".  Very pretty pattern. 

Happy St. Patty's to ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment