Sunday, October 13, 2019

Lacy Scallops Scarf


I'm very happy to have my scarf included in the Winter 2019 issue of Crochet! Magazine!!  I had originally made it in this Lion Brand Heartland #180 Kings Canyon yarn I came across at Joann and couldn't pass up with some buttons I thought were very pretty with the yarn colors.  


This scarf is 5" wide by 87" long and is joined with this little crochet button clasp so it can be work with it buttoned as a long scarf, cowl or any way you wish!!  


It is very easy to make and is worked from 1 skein and all done as you go so only two ends to work in when you are finished!!  The only challenging part is working on both side of the long starting chain but after that it's a piece of cake!!  




So when the editor contacted me about choosing the pattern she suggested Caron Simply Soft Chartreuse color yarn and these 20 hole buttons!!  I'd never heard of them before and she had them sent to me to play with and add to the project.  What fun they are!!  There are endless possibilities to the edgings that can be added to these buttons.  I decided to pull the yarn plies apart and using a small hook, crochet the edging chain into the holes.  I thought keeping the stitches inside the button edges would make them stand out better.  They are available at Katrinkles.com and there are so many neat things on their website, you'll have to check it out and see what neat things you can make with their products!!  








I really like how it looks in the Chartreuse  as well.  Some of my pictures the color doesn't show up so well but you can see in their professional photograph how pretty it is.  


I like the buttons both ways, really but the 20 hole ones do make it more interesting!!  

Here is the professional picture from Crochet! Magazine.  They always do such a great job of showcasing the designs!!


I hope you will give this pattern a try!!

You can get your copy of the latest issue on news stands or at :


or more info on:



No comments:

Post a Comment