Sunday, October 20, 2019

Lacy Trees


Recently my Lacy Trees pattern was published in the Annie's special edition called A Very Crochet Christmas.  Below is their beautiful picture of the trees....



There are 3 sizes - 7 1/4", 10 1/4" and 13 1/2" from the bottoms to the tops of the stars.  The larger star has a six sided star, the other are 5 sided.

They are stiffened and stretched over 6", 9" and 12" Styrofoam cones.  


A tip for stiffening the trees..... put two or three layers of the plastic wrap over the tree it makes it much easier to pull the Styrofoam cone out when it is finished drying.  If you kinda twist the cone it will come loose easier.  


They have a crocheted garland wrapping around them but would be pretty as well with small battery lights swirled up inside of them.


Originally I had  made them in Antique white with Forest Green and Burgundy garland.  I crocheted the Forest green chain then went back and added the Burgundy berries.  The printed pattern the berries are worked in as you go. 



I also made them in Forest Green with little simple crocheted ornaments that are just 6 single crochets worked into a magic ring, join in first sc and fasten off.  


All the trims are attached to the trees with permanent fabric glue making it super simple to put together.  





They really add to a holiday grouping as well.  Winter Buddy snowman is pretty happy in the middle of the "forest" !!  


If you would like the link to make your own trees go to :


to get your copy of the magazine or your local craft store news stand and if you would like to make the Winter Buddy snowman pattern you can get the pattern at:



3 comments:

  1. so pretty, thanks for posting. Love me some thread crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these would be so cute with the mini lights like you said. I just finished up a Rose Medallion Mandala doily with thread...I'm into thread now, as I tire of the yarn and so on and so one...I'll come back to it again. My first love is the thread, hard on the eyes...now I wear glasses, when I hook. Good to see you blogging and sharing..stop over sometime. Blogging is making a comeback, there is always room for a hook mover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) Yep LOVE the thread crochet!! But can't do it without the readers anymore....gotta see those tiny stitches and hook!!

    ReplyDelete