Sunday, October 6, 2019

Maryland State Fair


I entered at the Maryland State Fair again this year and was so pleased with the results!!  



The t-shirt got a first...


One of my favorite things about entering is that every entry gets a little judges sheet so you know what they liked or didn't like about every entry.  All of my entries had very nice compliments and some helpful hints as well!!


Mini pillow....


Star Stitch purse...


Midnight Ice scarf...


Mosaic Hood...

Lacy Snowflake Table Runner....


Hooded scarf with pockets...


Bunny Egg Wreath....


Tractor sculpture.....


Cabled stocking....


This one really shocked me!!!  It was a challenge making this pattern again after all these years with the tiny size 80 threads!!  I had made several of these probably 25 years ago and thought I'd dig out the old pattern.  I'm so glad I did!!  


Ornament....


This year the special category was anything flowers.  I made this little basket and the pansies and leaves for inside.  I was so surprised when it placed second out of all the beautiful flower entries and also that it won the $20 prize!!!  


Lighted snow globe.  I have a Facebook post about these from last winter when I made them.....


Baby Snowman toy....
(so cute)!!!


24" Unattached edging....


Framed motif....


Beaded watchband....


62" square tablecloth....It's fabric and crochet combined....


Jewelry....


Hot pad....


Cross Body bag..... 


Cowl.....



Small Doily.....


Large Doily....


Hat and scarf set (same scarf that is in the Winter 2019 Crochet! magazine in a different color)


Fingerless mitts ( with the 20 hole buttons for decoration)....



Pillow...( same one that won first at the Crochet Guild of America competition.  They weren't sure about the button in the middle.  I like to add buttons to the center because I don't like to see that beginning hole in the middle myself)...


Rug...


Overall I am thrilled with everything!!!  Many helpful hints and a lot more ideas for the coming year!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment